Though the weather is far from traditional, the holiday season in Orlando is incredibly festive and full of events. So many, in fact, that it can be hard to keep up! Year after year, visitors from around the country, and even across the globe, travel to Orlando throughout October, November, December, and January, and are treated to a magical holiday season.
Holiday Events in Orlando
For those of you dreaming of spending part of your holiday season in The City Beautiful, take a glance at our holiday events guide, below.
Oktoberfest Around Orlando
October is always filled with a plethora of events varying from costume-oriented to beer-focused. The city plays host to a few great Octoberfest celebrations; it seems the combination of beer, bratwursts, and socializing is always a win.
-Oktoberfest at Orlando Brewing
-Oktoberfest at Redlight Redlight
-2018 Central Florida Oktoberfest
-Oktoberfest at The Grove
For details on every single Oktoberfest event in the city, visit here.
Everyone’s Favorite: Holidays at Walt Disney World
Disney still reigns King of the holidays in Orlando, and never ceases to surprise and delight us with the array of events and festivities. It’s such a large park, though, it can be hard to keep it all straight! Here are our favorite holiday events at Disney:
– Candle Light Processional – Listen to the beautiful story of Christmas, told by a celebrity narrator and accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and massed choir. November 22 – December 30.
– Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – November 18 through December 30, food, drinks, and holiday cheer spread across the 11 nations in Epcot.
– Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – Treats, greets, attractions and more. Visit here to see the dates.
– Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! – This event is an enormous spectacle performed every night starting November 6 – January 6, including music, fireworks, special effects, and projections.
– New Year’s Eve Countdown to Midnight: A New Year’s Eve Celebration
Please note, merely visiting the theme park during the holiday season is spectacular! The decor, characters, and shows become holiday-themed, and it’s just magical!
The Classic: Now Snowing in Celebration, Florida
Picture a traditional American town. What does that look like, you may be wondering? Well, the town of Celebration, originally built by Disney, comes pretty close! As you might imagine, Celebration is quite passionate about the holiday season and has an array of events for you to enjoy. Now Snowing is a month-long wintry wonderland spectacular including live shows, street performers, Charles Dickens Carolers, Santa visits, carriage rides, light shows, train rides, ice skating, and more. Now Snowing can be enjoyed from November 24th – December 31st.
A Christmas Story at The Garden Theater
Every holiday season should automatically come with dinner and a show for at least one evening, in our opinion! The best way to enjoy such a night in Orlando is at the Garden Theater to watch a Christmas Story. This year the show will run from November 24th – December 3rd.
Macy’s Day Parade at Universal
This year, the annual parade at Universal Studios is featuring a new guest: the minions. That’s right, Santa and the minions will march down the road to delight and entertain the crowd. You may also see other famous characters such as Shrek and the crew from Madagascar.
Holidays at The Grove
Basking in the joy of the different holidays doesn’t happen exclusively at the theme parks, it happens all throughout the city! The Grove Resort & Spa ORLANDO is not only a luxurious and cozy place to stay but also features its own holiday festivities. You can look forward to Thanksgiving dinner delivered to your door to enjoy in your suite
– Oktoberfest with German food, music, activities, and games throughout the resort
– Bountiful Thanksgiving day buffet at Valencia Restaurant
– Thanksgiving games at Surfari Water Park
– Hannukah – nightly candle lighting (December 2-10)
– Christmas – spectacular lights, holiday decorations, decadent feasts, seasonal treats, and visitors from The North Pole
Whichever holiday(s) you decide to visit for, and for however long, we know you’re going to have an absolute festive blast! For all of your accommodation needs, and for even more festive fun, book a stay at The Grove Resort & Spa.