Few things in life are certain, but we know one thing that is.
Having a strategy for a day, or few days, at Disney is essential!
The behemoth of a theme park provides enough entertainment for weeks, and since most visitors have a day or two at most, it’s helpful to have a plan of attack!
Visit Disney World – These Tips Will Help
Since Spring Break season is nearly here, it’s the perfect time to assist everyone with their Walt Disney World strategies. Orlando is our home, and we are immensely fond of it. Since we’ve all been to Walt Disney World more times than we can count, it’s time to share the advice with our future visitors! If you intend to visit Orlando’s Walt Disney World for spring, or summer break in 2018, here are some considerations for you:
Maximize Your Time
This may sound obvious, but there are a few fundamental ways to maximize your time at the parks.
– Get up early, just do it! We know, it’s vacation, and you want to relax, but for your Walt Disney World day(s), you’ll get more out of it by arriving at the park 20-30 minutes before it opens. You can be the first ones in and ride a few rides before the crowds appear.
– Use the FastPass program
– Get a map and use it! Knowing where things are will save time as you walk around
– Ride attractions during major shows and fireworks. Especially if you’ll be at the park for more than one day, skip out on the shows or fireworks one of the days to ride with shorter lines!
– Purchase souvenirs at the end. Shopping for souvenirs can take up time, save it for the end which also means you won’t have to carry them around all day.
Check Out What’s New Beforehand
Walt Disney World never ceases to amaze with new rides, attractions, and features. Guaranteed you’ll want to see or experience at least one new thing, as will the thousands of other visitors. Consider the options and decide which you want to incorporate into your plan. If it’s a ride, then perhaps you plan to get a FastPass for it. Wondering what’s new this year?
– Star Wars: Secrets of The Empire Hyper-Reality Experience – More of an experience than a ride, you will be transported into the Star Wars Universe where you can walk freely in a multisensory experience with your group.
– New “UP” Show Debuting in Spring
– Pandora – The World of Avatar: This attraction opened in 2017, so it’s still considered new and will still be massively popular!
– Toy Story Land – Not coming until summer 2018, but is going to be really awesome! This will be an 11-acre land near Toy Story Mania with oversized building blocks and game board pieces. There will also be a two new attractions and aliens flying around in toy saucers.
Narrow Down Which Parks to Visit
If you didn’t already know, Walt Disney World is massive and has so much more than most people realize. It is unrealistic to visit every single park with only a day or two. Firstly, get to know what the options are:
Each park has its own set of rides, attractions, dining and more. We recommend doing a little research on each and deciding which ones you wish to visit the most. After deciding that, then start to narrow it down further, if possible. The best tactic is to focus on quality rather than quantity. We’ve seen many visitors try to fit it all in and end up stressed and overwhelmed! You are here to enjoy!
Use Disney’s Planning Tools
Not only have the geniuses at Walt Disney World created all of the brilliant parks and water parks, but they’ve also created plenty of free planning tools to help you! Some of our favorites include:
Stay Near the Park
Part of the reason Walt Disney World has grown so large is that it can! Orlando is a big city, and the attractions are widely dispersed. Save time, stress, and steps by staying near the park. Orlando’s newest residential-style suites resort happens to be five minutes from Walt Disney World. Check out The Grove Resort & Spa Orlando for spacious accommodations, a brand new water park, and plentiful amenities, all minutes to Disney.
It’s never too early to start making a strategy for a visit to Walt Disney World, and there are so many tools and tips out there for you! We know you’ll have an incredible experience! Happy planning!